This world class training course combines the use of engaging presentations and practical computer trading simulations to explain the specifics of physical oil, oil product markets and electronic trading. The revolutionary trading simulator ‘Ignite’ ensures practical hands on experience of ‘real market scenarios’ in a unique 3-day learning experience. We review current events and describe the relationship between the physical and paper markets, helping delegates understand the commercial opportunities and risk management strategies available to traders. It is an opportunity to expand your network by learning alongside candidates from various companies and backgrounds. The course instructors are former traders who will develop your ability to understand and trade the crude oil and products markets. Delegates will leave the course with a solid understanding and practical experience of oil trading concepts.
After completion of this course you will understand: Basics of oil markets and trading best practice, Brent futures, BFOET and Dated Brent, physical products and crude, geographies, freight and arbitrage. Refining and margin hedging, forward markets, time spreads, storage optionality and optimisation. Trading futures using technicals, hedging, floating prices and managing price exposure.
Who should attend:
- Oil industry staff working supply, trading risk management, refining, finance, transportation and E&P
- Oil trading and distribution companies
- Energy-related government departments
- Purchasing, planning and finance departments in major energy consumers
- Energy publications
- Bankers, accountants, auditors, and others associated with oil companies/oil financing